DRAGONFLY MAYA TO UNREAL WORKFLOW
- A quick overview of the process of sending a character from Maya to Unreal, re-targeting mocap animations in Maya and setting up the state machines in Unreal.
- The rig wasn't meant to work in game engines when built first so I made a script that automates the process of converting any rig to another one that is ready for game engines. The script goes through these steps:
- Finding all the skinned joints for all selected meshes and duplicating them
- Constraining the new joints to their respective old joints.
- Bind skinning the new joints to their respective meshes.
- Finally transferring the weights from old joints to new joints.